is for students who are able to communicate and interpret eye charts (numbers, letters, or pictures) and communicate what they are seeing. The primary goal is to learn what tools could be utilized at home, in school, and the community to aid the student with visually accessing his/her world. Educational teams also have the opportunity to speak with the doctor and learn more about their condition and how it may affect the student on a day-to-day basis.
is for infants, toddlers, or school-aged children who have alternative communication and complex needs. At these clinics the primary goal is for educational teams to learn how the student sees and what accommodations and supports could be implemented to aid in access to the curriculum.
To schedule a Low Vision Collaboration Clinic (LVCC) or Low Vision Collaboration Clinic + (LVCC+):
- Please contact your KSSB Field Service Specialist or Molly Reardoncreate new email, KLK Coordinator at (913) 309-7041opens phone dialer with questions and to discuss which type of Low Vision Clinic would be more appropriate.
- Low Vision Collaboration Clinic (LVCC) OR
- Low Vision Collaboration Clinic+ (LVCC+)
- A Low Vision Collaboration Clinic+ (LVCC+) is for infants, toddlers or school-aged children who have alternative communication and complex needs.
- Links to forms are located below.
- Email all required documents to Molly Reardoncreate new email.
ALL DOCUMENTS ARE DUE TWO WEEKS BEFORE CLINIC DATE.
What Happens Next?
- The Regional Field Services Specialist will contact the doctor’s office to setup a date and time for the evaluations and then send you a Clinic Schedule for you to complete and return.
- Molly Reardon will upload the completed documents to KSSB’s KLK Database so that the doctor will have on-line access to prepare for the evaluation.
- After the evaluation, a report will be generated by the doctor and distributed to the TSVI/ECI to deliver to the family and school.
- KSSB will send an invoice to your district after completion of the LVCC or LVCC+ for the children/students assessed. The invoice will be sent to the designated person indicated by you on the Contact Information Form. Services for birth-three will not be billed (do not fill out billing contact info).