A trailblazer is someone who doesn’t necessarily have the same opportunity, the same leg up as another person. A trailblazer is somebody who has to pave that path for themselves… somebody who blazes that trail, and doesn’t look back.
Kansas Trailblazers Weekend
The Fall 2023 Trailblazers Weekend at KSSB is coming! Weekend activities led by a team of amazing TSVIs, COMSs, and instructional assistants will include: MakerSpace time, physical fitness events, and activities of daily living. Embedded skills will include access technology, orientation and mobility, social skills, and other ECC domains.
DATE & LOCATION OF EVENT: September 22nd – September 24th at KSSB (1100 State Ave, Kansas City, KS 66102)
What to bring:
- Medications must be in original containers with clear dosage information
- Three (3) changes of clothing, socks, underwear, pajamas/robe/slippers, etc.
- Comfortable shoes, tennis shoes, etc. (No open toe shoes, except for shower/pool areas)
- Bathing suit/trunks/sandals for pool/shower areas
- Toiletry items (shampoo, soap, deodorant, etc.)
- White cane (even if student doesn’t use it all the time, they must bring their cane to KSSB)
All linens, towels, pillows, etc., are provided by KSSB. Your child may bring their own if they would like.
Arrival time at KSSB: Kickoff to the weekend activities will begin Friday, September 22nd at 3:30 p.m.
- Enter the front gate off of State Ave. and continue straight ahead to parking on the right. Please enter the dorm (Edlund) through those lower level doors. Staff will be there to greet you.
- Please call Sue Pollan at 913-645-5452 if you get lost or need directions.
Pickup time at KSSB: Students need to be picked up no later than NOON on Sunday, September 24th.
Due to the popularity of this event, the slots fill quickly. Space is limited!