Early Childhood Services
KSSB ECSE programs provide consultative and technical assistance to families, administrators, and teachers of ECSE programs for children who have a visual impairment.
The Field Services Program has two dynamic TSVI’s who specialize in family engagement, Infant and Toddler and preschool services.
Susan Threinen (TSVI):
- Eastern Kansas Field Services Specialist for Early Childhood & Family Support
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org new email
- Phone: 913-945-0760opens phone dialer
Sabrina McAdoo (TSVI):
PRE-SCHOOL ENRICHMENT PROGRAM
To provide enrichment opportunities for children ages 3 to 5 who are blind or visually impaired.
Emphasize Expanded Core Curriculum (ECC) domains which are unique to students with a visual impairment. These include age-appropriate braille readiness, communication, orientation and mobility readiness, social skills, independent living skills, technology, sensory efficiency skills, self-determination, and much more!
To increase concepts and skills through intentional instruction and experienced-based learning in a safe, nurturing environment. Play-based therapies (SLP/OT/PT) are available.
- Children ages 3-5, who have a visual impairment
- Kansas and Missouri students accepted
- Tuesdays & Thursdays, June 8 24
- Three hours each day
- NO CHARGE FOR THE PROGRAM
- Transportation provided by parents
- 1:1 student supports are not available