Early Childhood Services
KSSB ECSE programs provide consultative and technical assistance to families, administrators, and teachers of ECSE programs for children who have a visual impairment.
The Field Services Program has two dynamic TSVI’s who specialize in family engagement, Infant and Toddler and preschool services.
Susan Threinen (TSVI):
- Eastern Kansas Field Services Specialist for Early Childhood & Family Support
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 913-945-0760
Sabrina McAdoo (TSVI):
KS State School for the Blind – Announces the launch of a Preschool Enrichment Program
Focus on Expanded Core Curriculum and Academic Skills
The Early Childhood Program will provide enrichment activities and focus on the Expanded Core Curriculum (ECC) domains unique to students who have a visual impairment. These include braille readiness, communication, orientation and mobility readiness, social skills, independent living skills, self-determination, technology, and much more. Specific IEP goals will not be addressed. Play-based therapies (SLP/OT/PT) are available.
- Children ages 3-5, who have a visual impairment
- Kansas and Missouri students accepted
- 1:1 student supports are not available
- Wednesday: 8:45 am – 11:45 am
- Friday: 12:30pm – 3:30 pm
- Aligns with and follows the KSSB School Calendar
- NO CHARGE FOR THE PROGRAM
- Transportation provided by parents