KSSB welcomes ALL students and families regardless of their braille reading/writing skills to join us. The 2022 braille events will include both a competitive Braille Challenge (remote) event and a noncompetitive Braille Celebration (in-person) event.
Braille Challenge on February 18, 2022 (click to expand)
- This is the competitive braille event.
- If you have already registered, you do not have to register again. We have your forms and will be reaching out to your team to make arrangements, similar to the 2021 event.
New registrations must be submitted by January 10, 2022 with parent/guardian signature.
Contests/materials will be in UEB braille format.
Please upload the registration forms directly to the Google form.
- Here is a link to sample contests.
- Either a parent or TSVI can register a participant.
The Braille Institute requires a parent signature on the registration form for participants to be eligible for national competition.
TSVIs, if your student is below grade level in braille reading, but would still like to participate in the competitive event at a lower grade level, please be sure to mark the appropriate category on the registration form. Ex: If a student is in 5th grade, but taking the 1st grade test, mark the Apprentice box on form.
The Kansas Regional Braille Challenge coordinator will submit all tests to the Braille Institute in California. Participants eligible for the in-person national competition (June 24-26, 2022) will be notified by the Braille Institute when the finalists are announced (around May 1, 2022).
More information about the Braille Institute and the Braille Challenge can be found here.
Braille Celebration on April 22, 2022 (click to expand)
- This is the noncompetitive event.
- Registration for this event is here.
Activities planned for 2022 include:
- Charts, Graphs & Graphics
- Maker Space/STEM Activity
- Culinary Arts/Braille Recipes
- O&M Activities (Trivia, Maps, Wayfinding, Scavenger Hunt)
- Music/Listening Skills
SPONSORS - WE THANK YOU!
We warmly and gratefully thank our sponsors!
Seedlings Braille Books for Children
National Braille Press
KC Blind All-Stars
Kansas Lions Sight Foundation
Bank of Labor
Envision, Inc. – Wichita, KS
If you have any questions related to registration or would like to make a donation or volunteer for this unique Signature Event please contact: Aundrayah Shermer, Director of Field Services at email@example.com new email or 913-305-3016.