Upcoming KSSB Opportunities for Students
Join the Educational Opportunities offered on the KSSB Campus and throughout the state of Kansas!! KSSB strives to provide a variety of activities that will enhance the student’s overall education. This information provided on this page is to highlight the statewide activities available for teachers and students.
KSSB Students Apple Store Event
Students on the KSSB campus attend regular session to use apple products to complete projects to raise awareness around a topic of interest such as saving energy or antibullying.
KANSAS DNA DAY – April 2020
Each year in April scientists from academic and research institutions in Kansas visit high schools throughout the state to provide interactive lessons for students. In April of 2020 the Kansas DNA Day, in collaboration with the Kansas School for the Blind is bringing the DNA Day to You! Learn how our DNA makes us unique and explore Genetics with young scientists! Additional information about the KSSB event will be provided during the spring. To learn more about DNA Day in general, visit Kansas DNA Day.
Annual Scheduled Events
- Boys and Girls Weekend – Fall, September 20-22, 2019.
- KC Blind All Stars 5K Run and 1 Mile Walk, September 21, 2019.
- Track and Field Event, October 4-5, 2019. Indianapolis, Indiana
- Goalball Tournament, November 1-2, 2019. St. Louis Missouri
- Wrestling and Cheerleading Competition, January 24-25, Little Rock, Arkansas
- Braille Challenge KSSB, February 14, 2020; Snowdate: February 22, 2020
- Braille Challenge Wichita, February 29, 2020; Snowdate: March 7, 2020
- Boys and Girls Weekend Spring, March 27-29, 2020
- Prom, April 24, 2020
- Graduation, May 14, 2020
- Alumni Weekend, May 14-15, 2020
- ESY KSSB – June 8-26, 2020
- ESY Hays – June 21-26, 2019