Announcement – Boys & Girls Weekend is Cancelled
- The student body of KSSB and the abundance of caution that must be taken for our most vulnerable students.
- Boys and Girls Weekend is not a required school event. (KSSB Staff plan well in advance for students to enjoy new opportunities and canceling was never expected).
- Guidance from Kansas Commissioner of Education – Dr. Randy Watson.
KSSB Faculty and Staff are fired up!
To meet new students and connect with returning students at the
KSSB Spring Boys and Girls Weekend Event
This exciting weekend will focus on Expanded Core Curriculum, with a special emphasis on the domains of Activities of Daily Living, Orientation and Mobility and Social Skills. Students will participate in cooking classes, dance classes (It’s almost Prom time), etiquette classes, fun, and fellowship!
KSSB staff are creating and organizing activities for this Significant Event!! A final agenda will be sent to each registered participant prior to the event.
KSSB staff will be on hand to provide supervision and support for the young men and women.
All transportation to/from activities, meals, and snacks are provided throughout the weekend.
A confirmation with the final agenda will be sent prior to the event.
What to Bring:
- Three changes of clothes, socks, undergarments (please pack according to event theme – i.e. sports)
- One pair of closed toe tennis shoes for activities
- One pair of pajamas
- Slippers/Shower shoes
- Swim suit
- Toiletries for the weekend (shampoo, soap, deodorant, toothpaste)
- All linens, blankets, towels and washcloths are provided by KSSB
WHO, WHEN AND WHERE
March 27-29, 2020
Sunday Pick up: 1:00
Kansas City, KS 66102
DEADLINE TO REGISTER is March 20, 2020.
Due to the popularity of this event the slots fill quickly. Space is limited!