As a result of the CoVID19 Stay at Home Order, the KSSB Sponsored Family Forum is canceled.
We hope to schedule a Family Forum event for the 2020-2021 school year.
JOIN IN THE FUN – BE INSPIRED!
- WHEN: April 25, 2020 – 9:30-3:15
- COST: FREE & Lunch is provided. No Childcare is available. All children remain in the care of the parent/guardian.
- WHERE: Memorial Union, Emporia State University – 1200 Commercial St, Emporia, Kansas.
- DIRECTIONS: View the Emporia State University Campus Map OR SEE MAP BELOW
SAVE YOUR SPOT – REGISTER TODAY – Deadline is April 1, 2020
The Keynote Speaker at the first KSSB Family Forum is someone you do not want to miss.
MEET KRISTIN SMEDLEY
Kristin Smedley planned to be a teacher and impact thousands of children, but then a rare disease struck and two of her three children were diagnosed as blind. She had to learn the tools for mastering blindness and build a team of experts that would help her navigate a path that she had not been trained for. Kristin’s two blind sons are now thriving as gifted high school and college students. They have each won baseball championships on sighted teams. Her oldest son, Michael, attended an International Leadership Conference and was the Commencement Speaker at his high school graduation. Mitchell has been identified as a top blind athlete in the United States. Both boys have competed in the Braille Challenge finals in LA. and are chasing their dreams. Kristin now works with educators and parents to ignite new perceptions and outcomes for blind children and all students that learn differently.
SPEAKING ENGAGEMENT INCLUDES:
- MEDx World Orphan Drug Congress
- Association of Clinical Research Professionals
- Alliance for Regenerative Medicine
- Global Genes Summit
- ARVO DIA Maryland Regional Braille Challenge
- Women’ s Entrepreneurial Summit
- Delta Gamma Regional Conference
- St John’s UMC
THRIVING BLIND: STORIES OF REAL PEOPLE SUCCEEDING WITHOUT SIGHT (FEB 2019)
- Amazon #1 New Release (paperback & ebook)
- Electronic Braille Version funded by TMobile CEO
- Featured on FOX Good Day Philadelphia
- Champion of Hope 2019
- Power Person of Bucks Country 2017, 2018, 2019
- Visionary 2020